Daily Calendar

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Scene 3/ Part 1

Narrator 2: Della has the money now, what about Jim? Does he have enough money to buy Della a gift?
Della 3 & Jim are in the middle of the stage, not facing each other.
In the background, a song is played “Believe again.” Della & Jim turn and dance together. The song fades away.
Della & Jim walk in two different directions…
Shop 1:
Shop-keeper 1: Good evening, madam. How can I help you?
Della 3: I want to buy a gift for my husband and I saw a platinum watch chain two weeks ago. Do you still have it?
Shop-keeper: You mean the one that the young man is holding.
Della 3 (turns around and looks at him): Yes, it is.
Della 3 (walks towards the young man): Excuse me, sir. Can I have the chain, please?
Young man 1: Sorry, lady. I saw it first and I want to give it to my grandfather on Christmas. It really suits him.
Della 3: Please, sir. It’s so important to me… Please.
(She starts crying.)




Shop-keeper 1: Sir, give it to her please. I have other collections. I will show them to you.
The young man hesitantly gives the watch chain to Della.
She holds it and runs happily in the street.

7 comments:

  1. She holds it and runs happily in the street.

    did she stole it!?!! no i am just kidding! but you remind me with some kind of personality disorder when the patient start thinking in concrete way!
    http://www.answers.com/topic/concrete-thinking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I know the story but I'm so excited :D

    I wish if I'm in Jordan so I can come to watch it live :(
    When is the big day??

    ReplyDelete
  3. w7l: thx 4 the link.. U made me feel as if I'm a gr8 writer, analysing and using psychological interpretations.. Really thx Dr...

    Whisper: I hope u'll make it and come.. It's next month.. I didn't set a date yet but it's between 15-22 of December..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thx.. Wait 4 part two of scene 3.. :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salam :D ...

    long days :D
    you HAVE TO record your play for us :D
    i wanna watch it video :D

    Thank you...

    ReplyDelete